Creamy and Spicy Tomato Sauce
This creamy and cheesy tomato sauce is a great meditariana treat and it’s vegetarian too!
Things you’ll need:
- 20g olive oil
- 200g onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can 796 ml diced tomatoes
- 200g BoMé Spiced Shepherd
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- ¼ Teaspoon pepper
- 1 Teaspoon sugar
- 20 g sun dried tomatoes
- 20 g diced Banana pepper
- 2 Teaspoon butter
- 200g Zucchini cubed
- 140 g Cherry tomatoes
- 65 g red onion slices
- Chili pepper
- 2 Teaspoon Italian herbs
- 80g grated BoMé Holey cheese
- Place olive oil, onion, celery, and a pinch of salt into a large heavy saucepan over
medium-low heat. Cook until onions are very soft, about 15 minutes, stirring
occasionally. Mix garlic into onion mixture and cook just until fragrant, about 1 more
- Pour tomatoes and their juice into the saucepan. Bring sauce to a simmer, turn heat to
low, and simmer for 1/2 hours. Stir occasionally.
- Add BoMé Spiced Shepherd, salt, pepper, sugar, sun dried tomatoes, and banana
pepper to the mixture.
- Melt butter in frying pan. Fry Zucchini until they turn light brown, add Cherry tomatoes
and onions. Fry it for approximately 5 minutes.
- Mix it in the Tomato sauce, add salt, pepper, chili pepper and Italian herbs to taste.
- Serve immediately on top of 500g cooked pasta with salad and grated BoMé Holey